I don’t really know but I do know that it’s not in my Trados account’s download area, yet. However, I also know that the Trados Knowledge Base already has instructions on how to install Service Pack 3 (SP3) and what some of the enhancements are. And the SDL ad in the latest Translorial says “Coming to You September 2010!”.
Anyhow, you can read more about the new features and improvements here but I wanted to mention the following few because they (or the lack of them) have been bothering me from early on:
- You can now define update settings for multiple translation memories, even if their setup does not match in terms of the custom fields used.
- The Editor display settings for word counts, in the status bar, are no longer reset when the application is closed.
- The file types for MS Office 2007-2010 have been enhanced significantly. The biggest result is that the documents now open much faster than in previous releases.
- The QA Checker now considers more space variants (such as non-breaking space) when running punctuation checks and complex checks for numbers.
- Non-standard decimal separators no longer create issues with auto-propagation. (Not sure if this helps with the problems I have had but let’s hope so.)