- Possibility to open “old-style” bilingual (uncleaned) Word files in Studio and save them in the same format
- Track changes function
- Spell checking using Microsoft Word spell checker
- New and improved file filters (for example, for OpenOffice, StarOffice, INX and MIFfiles)
- More display filters (for all segment categories, segments with tracked changes, number only segments, etc.)
- PerfectMatch available in Studio allowing pretranslation based on bilingual files (SDLXLIFF, TTX or ITD)
- Faster opening and analysis of files
- Improved integration with Trados 2007
- Easier licensing
Sounds pretty promising. I don’t know about you, but this certainly solves the three main issues I have had with Studio 2009 (the three first ones in the list above).
You can find more info, including some videos, upgrade offers and a product brief, at the following SDL sites:
Oh, and when will this be available? The release is expected during the second half of September. Just in time for my birthday.