You might be interested in this workshop that I will be teaching next week in San Francisco. It’s not a Trados workshop but will cover some Trados Studio QA and TM maintenance issues and many other topics (such as regular expressions) that we all should know.
The workshop will give an overview of QA and TM maintenance functions and tools, and illustrate how they can improve translation productivity and quality when used properly. The main topics covered are:
1. Translation QA
- Built-in QA functions in CAT tools (such as Trados Studio, memoQ and Wordfast Pro): features, setup and use
- Stand-alone QA tools, such as QA Distiller, ErrorSpy, CheckMate and Xbench
2. Translation memory maintenance and QA
Built-in functions in CAT tools (such as Trados Studio, memoQ and Wordfast Pro) for editing, searching, filtering, importing/exporting TMs
- Stand-alone TM maintenance/QA tools, such as QA Distiller, ErrorSpy, CheckMate and Xbench
- Editing translation memories in text editors, such as UltraEdit
3. Use of regular expressions in QA functions/tools
- How to create your own regular expressions
NOTE: Even though Trados Studio, memoQ and Wordfast Pro are used for many of the examples and demonstrations during the workshop, most of the workshop content is not tool-specific and can be applied to any modern CAT tool.
For more information or to register, visit: http://www.ncta.org/displayconvention.cfm?conventionnbr=11323